Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Year of transition

This year will be a year of transition for me. I have turned 38 and before 40, I am evaluating some things in my life. I enjoy my life now but i feel I should be so much further along. I am also using this blog as a chronicle to my journeys in finding me. 

 Hair Goals
I think I want to go natural. YES!! I said it. The weave queen wants to natural. The funny thing is under this head of Remy Hair, lives a natural fro. I haven't gotten a relaxer in a while. I think my last relaxer was two years ago. Since then I have been braiding my hair or weaving it (which is really braiding it and sewing hair on top of it).  The last time I took my weave out I was surprised how think my hair is without the relaxer. It fell out not too long ago because of stress and medication. It broke off all the way down to the root. So for me to have a mini Afro is exciting. So it has prompted me think of a natural style or sister locks or regular locks. I will figure it out soon. Any suggestions would help...

Weight Goals
As of today, I weigh 310lbs. So you know I have to do better than that!! I can't get my sexy own like that so I will also start to find the healthy me in all this foolishness. Now, I have come down from 345lbs but I haven't been doing anything consistent. So, I will give myself this two years to lose this weight. One thing about me is that I don't finish things as strongly as I begin them. It is now time to put up or shut up because I am putting this in the atmosphere and challenging myself.

So anyway this is what I am doing and I am now trying to find ways to do it. Not talk about it. Just do it. I have read alot of blogs on Natural hair journey so I can't wait for mine to begin...

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you the best on your goals. The Universe will give you exactly what you ask for, stay ready, and be blessed.

    P.S. Based on my experience and info from other natural sisters, it may benefit you to get to know your natural hair for at least several months to a year before deciding to lock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your feedback. I really need and appreciate the positive energy.

    ReplyDelete